Wednesday, June 3, 2009

On Bondage, my thoughts as of 639...


I was first drawn to bondage, I feel, because I had some (read: a tad bit and vanilla) experience with it. I had at one point in time tied my previous LTRs to the bed and had my way with them. They had their turns as well, and I have the pics to prove it. I've also been both a boy scout and into sailing. Rope has always been around and I'm no stranger to its uses.

But then I stumbled upon shibari/kinbaku. A whole new world opened up to me. A world of beauty, art, intimacy, and Japanese to boot. I've had some fascination with Japanese crafts for some time now, feeling a connection to them in woodworking, pottery, and now bondage. I read everything that I could find on the internet and then some.

I found that the application of the rope came quite natural to me and I immediately understood how to use the wrapping techniques to restrain a body in anyway that I could really imagine. It just made sense.

I feel that the beauty, art and craft of it all roll into one. It has a very pleasing aesthetic when applied to the body in a thoughtful manner. Accentuating the body in such a way as to to exemplify not only the subject's body but also the application of the rope at the same time. Thus the beauty and the Art of it are coupled with the body to become a work in and of itself that is both sublime and temporal. The craft and the Art there in are in the application of the rope to the individual body. The body becomes the blank canvas that ask to be treated in specific ways and to be highlighted and molded in other certain ways. No two ties are ever exactly alike, as no two bodies are exactly alike.

The application of the rope lends itself very well to a high level of intimacy between both the Top and the bottom. The hands run the rope across the body such that both the hands and the rope are physically exploring. There can be very close bodily contact between the two individuals participating in the bondage.This is not to say that this is always the case. Hojojitsu was/is an application of rope for restraining a prisoner, thus showing bondage's not so erotically intimate side. In the case of more intimate application, as a Top, one is moving the bottom's body as the rope is being applied. Physically positioning the body for the particular application lends its self well to the closeness that intimacy requires.

There is also an energetic exchange that can happen in bondage. The physical intimacy that is combined with the trust on both parts of the participants foster a closeness for this type of exchange. The levels of emotions, the openness, the physicality, and the eroticism open our awareness and our energetic centers to flow more freely. The restriction of the bondage can actually be a release for the bottom into these energetic levels of being. While this isn't so for the top, it can be tapped into thru empathic being and thus heighten these for the top as well. I believe that the resultant head space is refered to as 'flying in bondage'.

Well, all of that, and it's just damn fun! Throw a Hitachi in the mix and things can get really.......

No comments:

Post a Comment