Monday, July 27, 2009

Panel Discussion...


I compiled my thoughts on rope bondage earlier in preparation for sitting on a panel for discussion on the topic. suki and I also did a demo at the play party afterward. I was one of 4 on the panel of 'experts' and clearly the one with the least amount of time being involved in it. The experience ranged from myself with just a little over a year into it to D who has been into it for some 30 years. Funnily enough, when we all went up to the front of the room, we lined ourselves up in order of this experience. However, we didn't realize it until we had each taken a turn and gone down the line to introduce ourselves. I was pretty quiet on the panel, not answering very many questions. Really, the questions were pretty straight forward and suki could have answered all of them. Factor this in with D wanting to answer all of them and I was just as happy to sit back and listen and add my minor interjections here and there. Throwing around the word 'expert' really stuck with me from all of this. I've not considered myself an 'expert' at anything, just trying to do the best that I can at anything that I do. Though the course of my experiences in the public scene, I have realized that I am a quick learner and take pride in doing things to the best of my abilities. Bondage and BDSM being no different.

suki and I had a wonderful conversation on the drive to the munch about what it is like for her to be in bondage. What the feelings are, what the head space feels like, the attraction to it, etc. I had the thought that for me it would be more interesting to see a panel of rope bottoms discussing it from that angle. It makes sense as I understand it from the Top and have more limited experiences with it from the bottom. I've enjoyed the experiences that I have had from the bottom and look forward to more as it expands my awareness of it as a whole.

The demo that we did at the Play Party after the Munch was in the fenced off 'dungeon' section of the basement of the club. All of us who were on the panel were to do our demos at the same time. As there was only one suspension frame, S waited it out till suki and I were done. We did a semi-suspension with her on her tipi toes and one leg high in the air like a ballerina. Once up, I twirled her around a few times while running my hands over her body. It had the air of a performance more than anything. It struck me that this was the first time that one of our scenes had really felt that way to me. It makes sense, being a demo. However, demos in the past have not really had that feel up to this point. suki typically gets a little showy and bratty for lack of better words. This tends to trow a highly playful bent to our demos and they feel more like amusing scenes in and of them selves. Entertainment more than demos, but without the feelings of actually being a performance. I'm not sure if it was the fact that we had almost the entire party as an audience, that the demos were behind a fence, or that all of the panelist were 'demoing' at the same time that made it feel that way. I image to some degree it was the combination of all three. We've since done a full suspension at a party where we had the rapt attention of almost the entire room during the scene. To the point that a once fairly loud room became so quiet that the music actually stood out, and this scene felt less like a performance than the demo did.

Later that night, we did an actual scene with her strapped up to a whipping post of sorts in a strappado position. This was a full on scene with more going on than just the bondage. I had bought a few new toys and was testing them out during this scene. The whipping post was positioned right up at the front of the fence. At a point about half way thru the scene a guy walked right up to us on the other side of the fence to check it out. I really got the feeling that he was checking suki out. This really kicked in the performance feeling for me again. I briefly ran this thru my head while going about what I was doing (placing clothes pins on her nipples). I think his timing is what really jarred me, that I was tormenting her breasts and someone would come up and invade our personal space. Despite the fact that the fence was there, he walked right up to us within 2 feet. I felt that our personal space had been invaded. It's not like we were some animals at the zoo, there are still accepted norms of personal space, even with a chain link divider. I bet he doesn't do that to his neighbor in his back yard.

All in all it was a good party and panel discussion and makes me think more about performances and the possibilities there in... Who knows what the future holds.

***Please note that the strappado IS NOT a suspension nor a semi-suspension technique. Done incorrectly it can dislocate both arms***

No comments:

Post a Comment